Bare Bottom Tanning is answering your Botox questions, starting with three common misconceptions concerning this cosmetic procedure. Botox has received a bad rep in the past, and now, we’re here to set the record straight. Here are five common myths and the reality behind Botox.
1. Botox Gives You A “Frozen” Face
We’ve all seen the Kardashians or popular celebrities on TV after a lip filler treatment or Botox service. While many think the face may appear “frozen” or expressionless after receiving Botox, this should never be the case. When injected correctly, the desired effects will be natural and youthful.
2. Botox Is Only For Women
Botox is for everyone! We all will eventually have wrinkles and fine lines, so we embrace all types of people who want cosmetic procedures. Botox is great for anyone looking to rejuvenate their skin and enhance the longevity of their skin.
3. Botox is Permanent
While some might love to hear this, Botox isn’t permanent. In fact, results typically last anywhere from 3 – 4 months, after which another treatment is recommended. However, the length of time Botox lasts will depend on the patient and the number of times they’ve received this treatment. If the treatment is stopped, fine lines and wrinkles will gradually reappear.
4. Botox Has Immediate Results
Speaking of results, don’t forget that Botox isn’t immediate! The overall effects of this treatment are gradual, with subtle results becoming apparent within the first 3 – 5 days. Full results are typically visible after the first 10 days.
Why is this? Botox works to help relax the movement of facial muscles, thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It may take up to two visits to see the full results.
Botox Is Dangerous
Some may believe that Botox is toxic or painful. However, this isn’t true!
- FACT: Botox is a neurotoxin derived from Clostridium botulinum, which is actually a natural organism we’ve been using for years, and the amount injected means that it is safe for use, according to the FDA. However, you should not receive this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- FACT: While every client is different, many clients return to work directly after their treatment with minimal discomfort.
- FACT: Botox will not spread into other areas of your face; Botox only works on the muscles where it is injected.
Botox At Bare Bottom Tanning
Here at Bare Bottom Tanning, we have highly trained professionals and staff to assist with all your beauty treatment needs. We offer six levels of UV tanning, two studios dedicated to airbrush tanning, Botox treatments, and more! For more information on Botox Treatments, please visit us at 27 Winn Street in Burlington, MA.